What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a natural holistic approach to treating physical, emotional and mental imbalances. When the body systems are not functioning correctly this presents as disease. Western medicine often treats the symptoms of disease, and yes we feel better but have not supported the systems needed to prevent the disease process from reoccurring, Naturopathy provides the tools needed for the body to correct these processes naturally, supporting its intrinsic defences and promoting wellbeing.
Based on the principle that the body has an innate ability to heal, Rebecca uses a combination of therapies to treat and restore the body to its natural balance.
These treatment methods include:
- Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses
- Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease.
- Lifestyle advice to enhance well-being and to reduce stress, promoting exercise and relaxation
- Flower essences for the emotional aspect of healing
What can I expect in my appointment?
In your initial appointment can expect a comprehensive discussion about your current condition along with discussing your medical and family history. As no body system or structure works in complete isolation, you can expect to be asked a range of questions that cover other systems and areas of the body. This systems review will indicate your personal areas of strength and any areas that may have a susceptibility to be weaker.
We will review your diet and lifestyle providing an indication of areas that may need nutritional support. Medical assessments such as pulse, blood pressure are taken along with any condition specific assessments.
Rebecca is a motivational practitioner and you will always receive a caring approach to your condition.
What conditions can naturopathy treat?
Some conditions that respond well to naturopathy are:
- Allergies and food intolerance
- Chronic fatigue
- Stress and anxiety
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
- Menstrual dysfunction and disorders
- Colds and flu
- Bowel problems such as IBS, constipation
- Viral infections
- Skin disorders such as eczema and dermatitis
- Men's health
- Children's Health including healthy eating, sleep management, immunity and allergies
- Lowered immunity…………………… and so much more
You can also visit Rebecca's webpage at http://www.intrinsicnaturopathy.com.au